Re: Rework on the dialogs UI

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Rework on the dialogs UI
Date: 2011-04-07 13:17:23
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Le 07/04/2011 14:58, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>> Le 07/04/2011 12:10, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
>>> [...]
>>> The patch attached changes some dialogs UI so that they work on a
>>> 800x600 screen.
>>>
>>> What i did, mostly, was to keep name, oid, owner, comment, and
>>> replication widgets in the first tab, and added a second one for the
>>> rest of the definition of the object (hence the tab's name, Definition).
>>>
>>> Comments?
>>>
>>> PS: there is still work to do on the frmOptions dialog which is bigger
>>> than a 800x600 screen.
>>>

>> Sorry, patch attached this time.
>>

> Hi
>
> Just took a quick look at a number of dialogues and had some comments:
>
> - Did you do a pass over *all* dialogues? dlgJob for example, isn't
> touched, but I'm not sure it needs to be.

Yeah, I looked at all of them. I decided not to change dialogs that are
not related to a SQL type (IOW, replication ones and pgAgent ones). They
seem to work on a 800x600 screen.

> - dlgDatabase isn't wide enough by default on the Mac (you cannot see
> all of the tabs). Also applies to dlgFunction, and maybe others.

Should apply to dlgTable too.

> - The catalog properties dialogue crashes horribly.

It doesn't crash on my laptop (I tried with information_schema and
pg_catalog on a PostgreSQL HEAD).

> - Have you come up with a new set of standard sizes?

Yeah, two sizes:

 * small one: 220,250
 * big one: 270,250

But it seems I forgot dlgServer and dlgTable. Just fixed dlgServer.
Working on dlgTable right now.

(once again, I didn't touch replication dialogs and pgAgent dialogs)

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr