Re: Major features for 9.1

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Andrew Lardinois" <lardinois(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>,<gilberto(dot)castillo(at)etecsa(dot)cu>, <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Major features for 9.1
Date: 2011-04-04 20:28:08
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Andrew Lardinois <lardinois(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I have not found  "A concurrency control algorithm using
> serialization graph testing with write deferring" yet, but I did
> run into two other articles on the IPSJ site relating to
> serialization:
On a quick skim I don't think this is related to serializable
database transactions.  It might be useful for PostgreSQL in terms
of more efficient lightweight locks within the server memory space,
but that's an internal implementation issue, not anything which is
user-visible beyond its performance characteristics.  I'll give it a
closer read when I get a chance.
> the second of which is regarding bus serialization, so may not
> relate to databases specifically
Probably not.  This is getting really close to the metal, and
because of portability concerns PostgreSQL doesn't have a lot of