Re: BUG #5960: No rule to make target 'libpq.a', needed by 'all-static-lib'

From: Etienne Robillard <erob(at)gthcfoundation(dot)org>
To: Julia Jacobson <julia(dot)jacobson(at)arcor(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5960: No rule to make target 'libpq.a', needed by 'all-static-lib'
Date: 2011-03-30 15:14:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On 30/03/11 09:54 AM, Julia Jacobson wrote:

> Bug reference:      5960
> Logged by:          Julia Jacobson
> Email address:      julia(dot)jacobson(at)arcor(dot)de
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.6
> Operating system:   Windows 7 with Msys/MinGW
> 'all-static-lib'
> Details:
>
> Dear PostgreSQL developers,
>
> When trying to compile PostgreSQL 8.4.6 on Windows 7 using MSys (MinGW) in
> order to build a static version of libpq by the commands
> ./configure --without-zlib --disable-shared
> make
> the compilation process ends with the error message
> "No rule to make target 'libpq.a', needed by 'all-static-lib'".
> This issue was already discussed here on the mailing list more than 6 years
> ago and successfully fixed with a patch:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers-win32/2004-10/msg00057.php
> However, it seems to me like there is a similar problem in version 8.4.x.
> Please corrected me if I'm wrong.
>
> Regards,
> Julia

hm, out of the blue, i believe you may have hitten yourself in the foot
with the --disable-shared option. If that fails. then maybe you'll have
different
results with postgresql 8.4.7..

Cheers,

--
Etienne Robillard

Company: Green Tea Hackers Club
Occupation: Software Developer (and CEO)
E-mail:     erob(at)gthcfoundation(dot)org
Work phone: 450-936-2123
Website (Company):  https://gthc.org/
Website (Blog):     https://gthc.org/blog/
PGP public key fingerprint:    F2A9 32EA 8E7C 460F 1728  A1A7 649C 7F17 A086 DDEC

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy