Re: Stuff for 2.4.1

From: Federico Di Gregorio <federico(dot)digregorio(at)dndg(dot)it>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Stuff for 2.4.1
Date: 2011-03-28 15:53:32
Lists: psycopg
On 28/03/11 17:00, A.M. wrote:
> On Mar 28, 2011, at 3:11 AM, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
>

>>> What Daniele did is fine:
>>>
>>> 1) There is no security problem, because the code only work in
>>> the database->user direction.
>>>
>>> 2) Allows communication with different combinations of
>>> backend/libpq versions without adding the overhead of extra
>>> quesries when establishing the connection (i.e., it just works
>>> and this is very important for the user).
>>>
>>> Also, while I am writing very few new code I am reviewing
>>> everything and I am confident to say that psycopg is much safe
>>> now than 2 years ago when I was the only developer.
> Wouldn't it make more sense to simply bundle the latest version of
> libpq with psycopg2? As far as I can tell, there is no advantage to
> compiling against an older libpq- they are all backwards compatible.

You mean bundling the libpq source code and build it as part of psycopg?
Don't know whay but that idea sends creeps up my spine... :)

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         federico(dot)digregorio(at)dndg(dot)it
Studio Associato Di Nunzio e Di Gregorio                  http://dndg.it