psql crashes with bad history file in 9.0.3

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql crashes with bad history file in 9.0.3
Date: 2011-03-22 20:40:59
Lists: pgsql-bugs
All,

At two sites I'm not allowed to share data from (grrr), I've encountered
core dumps of psql.  In once case the core dump happens as soon as you
run any query.   In the second case, it occurs when you exit.

What both sites have in common is that there's something screwy about
the .psql_history file.  In the first case, moving the history file
fixed the issue.  In the second case, the shell user has messed up
permissions on their home dir and can't save the history file.

I'd never encountered this before 9.0.3.  Both sites are RHEL.

Hopefully I'll run into it somewhere I can do a stack trace ...

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: John R PierceDate: 2011-03-22 20:56:48