Re: BUG #5931: password when setup

From: Susanne Ebrecht <susanne(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: mac <wesleygu(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5931: password when setup
Date: 2011-03-21 12:56:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 15.03.2011 15:23, mac wrote:
> when i install the software, after i choose the directory of software, the
> SETUP need me input the password. this afternoon in another computer, i
> input "postgres" to continue, but at my home, i try "postgres" or
> "postgrespass", it all says "the password specified was incorrect. Please
> enter the correct password for the postgres windows user account", so i cant
> continue.
> please help me!

Hello,

Is your password containing signs that are not listed here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ASCII_Code_Chart.svg

If yes, then you might run into an encoding issue. When you use
other signs for the password then you always need to make sure that
your environment always use same encoding to connect.

Best Regards,

Susanne

--
Susanne Ebrecht - 2ndQuadrant