Java 6 support for org.postgresql.ds.PGPoolingDataSource

From: "Don Pannese" <don(dot)pannese(at)hds(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Java 6 support for org.postgresql.ds.PGPoolingDataSource
Date: 2008-11-17 20:15:28
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello all,

I am attempting to upgrade from Java 5 to Java 6. When I tried this I
found that the org.postgresql.ds.PGPoolingDataSource class is broken
because it implements javax.sql.DataSource which in Java 6 now extends
(which it does not in Java 5) the java.sql.ComonDataSource and
java.sql.Wrapper interfaces (which I find totally ridiculous that Java
would break backward compatibility like this). Anyway, my question is:
Is there a postgresql jdbc driver that supports Java 6 or do we just
have to implement the new interfaces ourselves in the jdbc code and then
recompile? I searched the site and could not find anything about Java 6
support.

Thanks,

-Don