Re: log timestamp since daylight saving time

From: "Maria L(dot) Wilson" <Maria(dot)L(dot)Wilson-1(at)nasa(dot)gov>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Wilson, Maria Louise (LARC-E301)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS, INC]"<m(dot)l(dot)wilson(at)nasa(dot)gov>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org"<pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: log timestamp since daylight saving time
Date: 2011-03-15 18:21:59
Lists: pgsql-admin
yes they are all running the same postgres version. - 8.4.5

just as a test this morning - on one of the problem machines,  we
installed another postgres installation - same version - just pointed it
to different paths - copied over the conf files and brought the server
up.  This time it was the correct timeszone - US/Eastern.  The other
postgres is set to EST5EDT.  When I try to set it to US/Eastern, I get
an error...

postgres=# set timezone = 'US/Eastern';
ERROR:  unrecognized time zone name: "US/Eastern"
postgres=#