Re: Looking for PostgreSQL DBA Architect/Administrator

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Gayathri Theenthayalan <gayathri(at)myfintech(dot)com>, "pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Looking for PostgreSQL DBA Architect/Administrator
Date: 2011-03-11 20:59:12
Lists: pgsql-jobs
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Continued posting will get you banned from posting in the future.

It's tough to say the rules are being violated here when they aren't
actually written down anywhere that I can see for pgsql-jobs; please
correct me if I'm just missing them.  If this were pgsql-announce,
guidelines are at http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval

Rather than a vague threat of banning, a more productive thing would be
to update those policies to also include guidelines for how often a
company is allowed to repost to pgsql-jobs.  Then violations could be
flagged with a pointer to the rules.