Re: Proposal for a PostgreSQL Print Magazine

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal for a PostgreSQL Print Magazine
Date: 2011-03-10 08:51:09
Lists: pgeu-general
Le 09/03/2011 22:51, damien clochard a écrit :
>>> Most of the time, these users are happy with Postgres, they just
>>> want to know "what's up in the community" but they don't have time
>>> to follow the planet or hang on IRC... A paper mag could be a nice
>>> way to keep in touch with them.
>> In a similar vein, I confess I haven't kept up with the translations
>> of the PostgreSQL Weekly News.  I know it's translated into German
>> semi-automatically, but I'm blissfully (OK, maybe not blissfully, but
>> languidly) unaware of efforts in other common European languages.
> It's translated in french (almost) every week and published on :

The complete link is:

Nicolas Bougain translates the first part, not the one with all the
commits of the week. He does it since quite a lot of time, and doesn't
miss a PWN.

>> Might you want to include a monthly (or quarterly, or however often
>> the magazine comes out) summary of the PostgreSQL Weekly News?
> That would be great ! That's typically the kind of information i'd like
> to bring to the user base...
> Actually i don't know why i didn't think of it earlier. Maybe it was too
> obvious :) The print magazine could be an aggregated/revamped/extended
> version of the PGWN ! We could also grab some content from the planet...

That would be a good news part. But you need more complete articles.
They are hard to do.

Anyway, I'm in. I find the idea interesting.