Re: Proposal for a PostgreSQL Print Magazine

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal for a PostgreSQL Print Magazine
Date: 2011-03-09 21:51:08
Lists: pgeu-general
>> Most of the time, these users are happy with Postgres, they just
>> want to know "what's up in the community" but they don't have time
>> to follow the planet or hang on IRC... A paper mag could be a nice
>> way to keep in touch with them.
> In a similar vein, I confess I haven't kept up with the translations
> of the PostgreSQL Weekly News.  I know it's translated into German
> semi-automatically, but I'm blissfully (OK, maybe not blissfully, but
> languidly) unaware of efforts in other common European languages.

It's translated in french (almost) every week and published on :

> Might you want to include a monthly (or quarterly, or however often
> the magazine comes out) summary of the PostgreSQL Weekly News?

That would be great ! That's typically the kind of information i'd like
to bring to the user base...

Actually i don't know why i didn't think of it earlier. Maybe it was too
obvious :) The print magazine could be an aggregated/revamped/extended
version of the PGWN ! We could also grab some content from the planet...

damien clochard |