Re: .oO - Translation

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: .oO - Translation
Date: 2011-03-02 10:07:23
Lists: pgsql-www
Le 01/03/2011 18:17, Magnus Hagander a écrit :
>> Presumably when we move to Django, we can use its built-in multilingual
>> > stuff, no?
> No. And yes.
> There is no magic in django. It has a framework, but you hav eto write
> the code to actually use it. We decided not to write that code at all
> this time, since there has been zero actual demand (from people who
> would do the translation) once the potential requestor realized what
> the work actually means.

The current website for PG Day Europe is based on dokuwiki which handles
nicely translations. The website in itself is quite simple and for a
while we had 4 versions at the same time ( english, french, italian,
german) but we quickly failed to keep things up-to-date. And right now,
i can't even tell how much lag there is. For a event small website such
as the, that's not very important because obviously the website
lives and dies every year. But for the, the actual work to keep
pages up-to-date would be really really huge.

i agree with Magnus here, this is not a technical problem. it's a matter
of man power.

By the way, the website is a terrible mess... The front page
is translated in French, but the other pages are an awful mix of
english-french content.

damien clochard |