Re: .oO - Translation

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: .oO - Translation
Date: 2011-03-01 01:07:37
Lists: pgsql-www
On 2/28/11 1:39 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> We know from experience that this tends to not work. You'll end up
> with partial translation and out-of-date translations. We tried it,
> and failed. Then we tried the separate-site (both the french and the
> japanese, and I think also the brazilians?) and it has worked really
> well.

To be fair, I don't know that there was ever a serious effort to get the
website translated.  AFAIK, the code to do so was *always* broken.  I
think it's fairly likely that we'd get partial, out-of-date translations
anyway, but we don't actually have any history here to speak of.

Presumably when we move to Django, we can use its built-in multilingual
stuff, no?

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.