Re: BUG #5898: Nested "in" clauses hide bad column names

From: Scott Dunbar <scott(at)xigole(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5898: Nested "in" clauses hide bad column names
Date: 2011-02-22 18:07:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Yes, you're correct. I guess this makes sense but it does seem strange
that I can enter garbage in a query but it still runs. And in my case
the output from this (the entire table) was then used in a delete
statement that toasted the entire table. Allowing bogus SQL just seems
"wrong" but I do understand what's going on.

Thanks for your help.

--
Scott Dunbar
Xigole Systems, Inc.