Re: possible memory leak in Server Status window

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Julius Tuskenis <julius(at)nsoft(dot)lt>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: possible memory leak in Server Status window
Date: 2011-02-10 21:55:03
Lists: pgadmin-support

Le 08/02/2011 08:54, Julius Tuskenis a écrit :
> 2011.02.07 17:05, Guillaume Lelarge rašė:
>> Nope, I'll check this. Make sure you specifically set the interval for
>> this report.
> Thank you, Guillaume, for the hint. I did't realize there are different
> intervals for every report in server status window. Now I was able to
> isolate the window responsible for the memory leak - it's the logfile
> window. Also now I was able to reproduce it on my own computer - I set
> "don't refresh" on all the other reports and "1 second" on the log file.
> In Task manager I see VM constantly increasing. I hope that info will be
> useful for you.
>
> Thank you for the patience.

I looked a bit in the source code, but can't find any memory leak in it.
The code is pretty much the same for each report. The only specific
thing for the lock report is that it can use a specific connection. But
this doesn't trigger anything useful to fix this.

I'm a bit puzzled.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr