Re: create an extension of postgresql 9 with Visual C++ 2008 express edition

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "michel wildcat" <m(dot)wildcat82(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: create an extension of postgresql 9 with Visual C++ 2008 express edition
Date: 2011-02-09 16:10:14
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers pgsql-fr-generale pgsql-hackers pgsql-students

michel wildcat <m(dot)wildcat82(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I am a computer student in belgium, for my academic project I am
> working to an extension of postgresql 9 under win xp, by creating
> h DLL in Visual C++ 2008 - I am new in both environments; To start
> and understand how does it works, I tried to compile the example
> complex.c which is in the directory /tutorial of postgresql
> sources, but unfortunately I have lots of compilation errors
> Although I made the various necessary "include ".

This is a little to vague and confusing to be able to offer much
advice. Some copy and paste of attempts and the exact errors would
help. In general, you might want to review this page for ideas of
how to best ask a question to elicit a useful response:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

> Please I would like to know if there could be a kind of tutorial
> that explains how to develop a DLL for Postgresql using Visual C++
> Express (the necessary config, the library to include, etc.. ),
> based on the /tutorial/complex.c ffile for example.

I don't know of anything, but since I don't develop for that
environment, I haven't really dug deep looking for it. Be sure to
review what is in the Wiki, especially the links from the Windows
category:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Category:Windows

as well as following the links from the developer tab of the main
PostgreSQL site:

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/

-Kevin