Re: pgAdmin III: error while browsing schema of PG database

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Nikhil S <nixmisc(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III: error while browsing schema of PG database
Date: 2011-02-08 06:34:32
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le 07/02/2011 13:01, Nikhil S a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> If one clicks on Postgres (non EDB) database and tries to expand the schema
> tab, then the current git head spits out an error. The offending query
> contains the following comparison
>
> protype = 1;
>
> protype is of type char, so it expects the RHS to be a char. However this
> works ok against an EDB database. Anyways, the fix is to compare protype
> with '1'. This sql works fine on both flavours of databases. Fixing this at
> all relevant locations.

I"m not sure I understand. You first said that the bug is on regular
PostgreSQL (and I can't reproduce it on 9.0 regular PostgreSQL). When
you explain the bug and if I read correctly your patch, it fixes EDB
database only.

So is it a fix for EDB databases or PostgreSQL databases?

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr