Re: Any experience using "shake" defragmenter?

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen(dot)gogala(at)vmsinfo(dot)com>
To: Marcin Mirosław <marcin(at)mejor(dot)pl>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Any experience using "shake" defragmenter?
Date: 2011-01-31 04:33:02
Lists: pgsql-performance

Marcin Mirosław wrote:
> W dniu 2011-01-30 22:31, Mark Felder pisze:
>
>> Why do you feel the need to defrag your *nix box?
>>

> I'm guessing, maybe he used filefrag and saw >30000 extents? :)
> Next question will be "which fs do you use?" and then flame will start:(
> Regards

With all due respect, I don't want to start a fruitless flame war. I am
asking those who have used it about their experiences with the product.
Let's leave discussion of my motivation for some other time. I guess
it's all about my unhappy childhood. If you have used the defragmenter,
I'd be grateful for your experience.

--
Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA