Re: 回复:Re: [BUGS] BUG #5853: when the walsender cannot exit when reboot slave computer

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: zoulx1982 <zoulx1982(at)163(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 回复:Re: [BUGS] BUG #5853: when the walsender cannot exit when reboot slave computer
Date: 2011-01-27 16:25:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs
(Please keep the mailing list cc'd so that others can help)

On 27.01.2011 16:38, zoulx1982 wrote:
> There is no error or log, but when  i use  "ps -ef | grep postgres" to watch the process, i find walsender process already exists.
> In my view, whether this process should exit, because the walreceiver have exit  (caused by computer restart).

If the client just goes away, like if the computer is reset, it can take
up to a few minutes for the operating system to declare the TCP
connection as dead. And you'll need to generate a little bit of WAL so
that the walsender has something it tries to send to the receiver,
otherwise it might take even longer. You can also look at "netstat"
output, to see if the OS thinks the connection is still established.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas