COPYRIGHT vs psql \copyright

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: COPYRIGHT vs psql \copyright
Date: 2011-01-27 12:38:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

It seems that psql's \copyright haven't been kept up-to-date with the
changes to COPYRIGHT file around 2001. psql \copyright says:

> PostgreSQL Data Base Management System
>
> Portions Copyright (c) 1996-2011, PostgreSQL Global Development Group
>
> This software is based on Postgres95, formerly known as Postgres, which
> contains the following notice:
>
> Portions Copyright(c) 1994, Regents of the University of California

While COPYRIGHT says:

> PostgreSQL Database Management System
> (formerly known as Postgres, then as Postgres95)
>
> Portions Copyright (c) 1996-2011, PostgreSQL Global Development Group
>
> Portions Copyright (c) 1994, The Regents of the University of California

The rest of the text is identical, except for line-wrapping and whitespace.

I'll update psql's \copyright output to match COPYRIGHT.

--
Heikki Linnakangas