Re: Query Optimizer + Parallel Operators

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Felix Schmidt (at) Oracle" <felix(dot)x(dot)schmidt(at)oracle(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Query Optimizer + Parallel Operators
Date: 2011-01-26 23:14:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Felix,

> I'm interested in the query optimizer of PostgreSQL DB. Where could I
> find useful documentation or could you send me a pointer in the source code?
>
> What kind of parallelism does PostgreSQL use for operators, like
> selection or join?

Normally we're very helpful with this kind of information ... it's all
public after all ... but I have to say that the domain you're e-mailing
from makes it a little hard to give you a direct answer.

Could you maybe give us a little information about what you want this
information for?

--
-- Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.