Re: NO DATA error message in Frontend when querying large datasets

From: Jens Kapp <jens-kapp(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: NO DATA error message in Frontend when querying large datasets
Date: 2011-01-26 22:39:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-odbc

hi tom,

thanks a lot for your response.
the frontend we are trying to use is a well known and spread laboratory
system. our consultant has experience with other databases (oracle, sql)
that are a lot bigger - with no problems. however i'm wondering that
postgres is not working with the lab system AND other common DB
frontends using ODBC. i guess there is no setting for: "use cursor
instead" ?

thanks
jk