Re: Support for Slony 2.0?

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Support for Slony 2.0?
Date: 2011-01-23 22:25:18
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le 22/01/2011 15:46, Peter Geoghegan a écrit :
> On 20 January 2011 21:28, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>> A wizard as you suggest has been on my "if only i had the time and
>> energy" todo list for a few years :-)
>
> It's something that I'd like to take a look at, once we finish wx 2.9
> support. As I think you'll agree, it's important that the end result
> is a Slonik script rather than a series of calls to bare metal
> functions from within PgAdmin.

Actually, I don't. If people are that interested in a Slonik script,
they would learn the Slonik language if they want to do a good job. The
UI in pgAdmin is a way to skip that part, and this is why it's
interesting to keep it.

Anyway, I'm not opposed to add this wizard if we still keep the UI we
already have.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr