Re: problem connecting via ODBC when unicode (now in correct forum.).

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kim Mortensen <kimfmx(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Hiroshi Saito <hiroshi(at)winpg(dot)jp>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem connecting via ODBC when unicode (now in correct forum.).
Date: 2011-01-21 21:36:47
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 01/21/2011 01:28 PM, Kim Mortensen wrote:
> But the connector is configures individually and I specify the encoding
> by the configuration string sat in the JDBC driver. this string sets the
> encoding, but apparently it does not work.

It is a chicken and egg problem. The problem is that to set the encoding
you have to connect but to connect the client needs to be using the
correct encoding. In Windows, it seems the ODBC driver is sending the
connection string in the wrong encoding and you never actually connect.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com