Issues with large message / history buffers

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Issues with large message / history buffers
Date: 2011-01-16 22:13:26
Lists: pgadmin-support

All,

When I'm debugging stored procedures, I often will put lots of RAISE
statements in them, sometimes generating hundreds to thousands of lines
of output when I run them. pgAdmin is rather unhappy with this,
dramatically slowing down as the output grows.

I think that we ought to have a limit of the amount of text in the
message and history panes of the query tool. User-settable, defaulting
to say 1000 rows. Currently, pgAdmin allows you to set the maximum
number of *queries* but that's not very helpful if each query is
generating thousands of lines of output.

--
-- Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.