Re: Allowing multiple concurrent base backups

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Allowing multiple concurrent base backups
Date: 2011-01-11 19:09:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11.01.2011 20:17, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Patches for both approaches attached. They're also available in my
> github repository at git(at)github(dot)com:hlinnaka/postgres.git.

Just so people won't report the same issues again, a couple of bugs have
already cropped up (thanks Magnus):

* a backup_label file in the data directory should now not be tarred up
- we're injecting a different backup_label file there.

* pg_start_backup_callback needs to be updated to just decrement
forcePageWrites, not reset it to 'false'

* pg_stop_backup() decrements forcePageWrites twice. oops.

--
Heikki Linnakangas