Re: some window sizes are not ok

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)web(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: some window sizes are not ok
Date: 2011-01-05 08:23:05
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Susanne,

Le 04/01/2011 19:10, Susanne Ebrecht a écrit :
> [...]
> I looked through the archive but didn't found something about that topic.
>
> Here is what I recognised:
>
> OS: Ubuntu
> Desktop: Gnome
> Task bar: default size (I just use one horizontal task bar on bottom).
> Screen size: 1024 x 600 (16:9)

You won't have a good experience with such a small display. IIRC, you
need at least 1024x768.

> I used version 1.10.2

1.12.2 is the last one :)

> Language: German (no clue how to change it into English)

Menu File/Options, first Tab, "User language" combobox.

> Open pgadmin3 and click onto the left button (the power plug icon).
> A second window will be opened.
> The window is too big (high) - Unfortunately the buttons will disappear
> behind the task bar.

This should be fixed in 1.14, as we put some of the options in another
tab. But it wasn't done for this.

> File -> options -> general (hope the translation is correct)
> The "input" form will cover the text / description left next to the field.
>
> E.g. Path to bin directory ... only will be displayed as Path to bin
> dire and the the
> "input" form starts already.

It shouldn't do such a thing. I'll look into this. Anyway, this dialog
will be redesign for 1.14 (or at least, I hope so).

> The warning at the bottom is cut too.
> There are two rows displayed correct but the third text row you just
> will see the
> top 3-5 pixel.

Fixed in 1.12. Obviously, you should use the latest release :)

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr