Re: pgadmin user access control features

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <dan(dot)sabin(at)nextwavesys(dot)com>,<pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgadmin user access control features
Date: 2011-01-04 18:04:38
Lists: pgsql-admin
Dan Sabin  wrote:

> In order to do this the client needs an interface to access the
> database. The two options are to give them a query tool we design
> so we can restrict their actions (to prevent the database from
> being screwed up). The other option would be to restrict their
> access in the pgadmin tool installed on the system itself and
> prevent them from deleting data. Is it possible to set up accounts
> within the tool and secure the admin access for ourselves so they
> can only run certain types of queries on their own account.

I'm not sure I fully understand, but take a look at these:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/sql-createuser.html

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/sql-grant.html

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/sql-revoke.html

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/client-authentication.html

If these don't provide the information you need, please post again
with a little more information about what you're trying to
accomplish.

-Kevin

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Mark FelderDate: 2011-01-04 19:39:54
Previous:From: Dan SabinDate: 2011-01-04 17:04:56
Subject: pgadmin user access control features