Re: management of large patches

From: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: management of large patches
Date: 2011-01-02 12:54:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

   :
> - SE-Linux integration

How about feasibility to commit this 3KL patch in the last 45 days?

At least, the idea of security provider enables us to maintain a set
of hooks and logic to make access control decision independently.
I'm available to provide a set of sources for this module at
git.postgresql.org, so we can always obtain a working module from here.
The worst scenario for us is nothing were progressed in spite of
large man-power to review and discuss.

It may be more productive to keep features to be committed on the
last CF as small as possible, such as hooks to support a part of DDL
permissions or pg_regress enhancement to run regression test.

Thanks,