Re: Trac tickets

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trac tickets
Date: 2010-12-30 17:29:26
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le 30/12/2010 11:32, Magnus Hagander a écrit :
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 14:09, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

>>> Yes, we should definitely be able to do that. However, I think we
>>> should do *both* for a while just to fill things with some data, so we
>>> can reasonably compare the outcome. yes, it means duplicated work
>>> during that time, but as long as we have the end-goal to drop one of
>>> the two.
>>
>> Dropping one is not enough. We need to have more. And trac gives us more than
>> just a changelog. So, I agree with Magnus. We should really check that trac
>> works great enough for us before dropping any existing processes.
>
> Here's to bring up a really old thread.

Wait, it's only 17 months old ;)

> We've run it for a while now. Are we ready to drop the changelog and
> use trac reports instead? Or are we ready to drop the changelog and
> use git log? Or a combination, for different users?

No to trac reports as they ain't complete now. Dave and I talked about
that in Stuttgart, and we decided that quick bugs to fix won't have a
trac ticket. We'll only use trac's bugtracker to keep track of unfixed bugs.

I would be much more in favor to drop the changelog and use "git log"
instead.

> (Hint: I hate the changelog file because I keep forgetting to update
> it, and it sucks to handle it in the main repo due to how it
> integrates with branches)

Can't agree more :)

--
Guillaume