Re: Max SQL file size?

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Aren Cambre <aren(at)arencambre(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Max SQL file size?
Date: 2010-12-15 06:39:27
Lists: pgadmin-support

Le 15/12/2010 02:24, Aren Cambre a écrit :
> I have a 349MB SQL file that I'd like to import into Postgres using pgAdmin
> III 1.12.1 on Windows 7 x86.
>
> When I try to open the file, I get an unhandled exception:
> [image: error.png]
>
> It's not clear that pgAdmin provides any other way of running large SQL
> scripts. Is this a "use the command line" deal?

I already ran really big files from pgAdmin, but can't remember their
actual sizes. We should probably have more issues with a big number of
lines than a big number of bytes.

Anyways, the query tool is not the right tool for this. I'm not sure
what you expect to get from such a huge file within the query tool.

So, yes, in a way, you'll have better results using psql. Note that you
can launch it from the plugins menu of pgAdmin.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr