log_file_mode

From: Dinesh Bhandary <dbhandary(at)iii(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: log_file_mode
Date: 2010-12-13 20:03:56
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All - Is log_file_mode parameter available for postgres 9.0 only? Ran
into a bit of problems with log permission and came across a new GUC
"log_file_mode". But I could not seem to find much docs on it and I am
not sure if it is production ready.
Can patches be applied to older version of postgres? We use 8.2 and 8.4.
Also interested in learning if there is an easy work around to
installing new GUC.

Thanks everyone.

Dinesh