Re: directory of pg freelancers

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: directory of pg freelancers
Date: 2010-12-11 00:20:08
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Tomas,

> This year we've founded local (Czech/Slovak) PostgreSQL User Group, with
> the aim to promote PostgreSQL as a powerful and reliable database
> platform.

Cool!  Were you aware of the Prague PostgreSQL User Group?  Are you in
touch with Pavel, Zdenek, etc.?  Let us know if you want to hold an event.

> - Is there a project that does this? A directory of freelancers in a
> nearby area (e.g. a company located in a city needs freelancers who
> work/live nearby).

Well, there's http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support.
This app needs a lot of love, but I think it's what you should start
with, partly since you would have data ready to go.

> - Would such project help to promote PostgreSQL in your country, or is it
> a problem specific to our country? In other words, does it make sense to
> build a 'global' directory or should we stick with a strictly local one?

Global.

> - If you're a freelancer, would you use such project?

Given the number of listings on the page above, clearly yes.

Also, I want your domain. ;-)

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.