Re: Compared MS SQL 2000 to Postgresql 9.0 on Windows

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Tom Polak" <tom(at)rockfordarearealtors(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Compared MS SQL 2000 to Postgresql 9.0 on Windows
Date: 2010-12-07 18:11:53
Lists: pgsql-performance

Tom Polak <tom(at)rockfordarearealtors(dot)org> wrote:

> the best I could get it to was 7.5 seconds.

> select name,address,city,state,statename,stateid,other from
> pgtemp1 left join pgtemp2 on state=stateid

We'd need a lot more information. Please read this and post again:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions

Be sure to include hardware info, postgresql.conf settings
(excluding comments), table layouts including indexes and
constraints, and the results of:

EXPLAIN ANALYZE select ...

-Kevin