Re: Problems with max_connections parameter

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Jorge Augusto Meira" <jmeira(at)c3sl(dot)ufpr(dot)br>, "Euler Taveira de Oliveira" <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problems with max_connections parameter
Date: 2010-12-03 14:54:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com> wrote:

> Talking about your problem, are you sure you're not reaching
> max_connections?

It also strikes me that from the minimal information given, it might
be possible that pid numbers or port numbers are wrapping around
before the OS is ready to allow re-use.  I haven't seen that
behavior except in machines infected with a worm, but this test
might be edging into the same territory if it's using a new
connection for each request.  Obviously, nobody who cared about
performance would use that technique in production, but it rather
sounds like this test does.

-Kevin