Re: WIP patch for parallel pg_dump

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WIP patch for parallel pg_dump
Date: 2010-12-02 17:56:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On 12/02/2010 05:50 AM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> So the use case of parralel dump in a bunch or user given locations
> would be to use different mount points (disk subsystems) at the same
> time.  Not sure how releveant it is.

I think it will complicate this feature unnecessarily for 9.1.
Personally, I need this patch so much I'm thinking of backporting it.
However, having all the data go to one directory/mount wouldn't trouble
me at all.

Now, if only I could think of some way to write a parallel dump to a set
of pipes, I'd be in heaven.

--
                                   -- Josh Berkus
                                      PostgreSQL Experts Inc.