Re: Hi- Sleeptime reduction

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <aaliya(dot)zarrin(at)gmail(dot)com>,<pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Hi- Sleeptime reduction
Date: 2010-11-29 05:09:51
Lists: pgsql-performance

aaliya zarrin wrote:

> I am new to Postgres. I just wanted to know how to change the sleep
> time.
>
> I want to reduce the sleep time, How much will it affect other
> performance issues if sleep time is reduced.

I don't know what sleep time you mean. It would probably be best if
you started from a description of some specific problem rather than a
hypothetical solution.

For general advice on tuning, you could start here:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Tuning_Your_PostgreSQL_Server

For ideas on how to submit a request for help with a performance
problem, you might want to review this:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions

-Kevin