Re: BUG #5773: DEBUG: reaping dead processes DEBUG: server process (PID 10007) was terminated by signal 11: Segme

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Bala Murugan <b2m(at)a-cti(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5773: DEBUG: reaping dead processes DEBUG: server process (PID 10007) was terminated by signal 11: Segme
Date: 2010-11-26 23:56:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 11/27/2010 02:06 AM, Bala Murugan wrote:

> Bug reference: 5773
> Logged by: Bala Murugan
> Email address: b2m(at)a-cti(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.0.1

From ubuntu packages? compiled yourself? from 3rd party repository?

> Operating system: Ubuntu

Which ubuntu? 10.04? 10.10?

32-bit x86, 64-bit x64, or other?

> (PID 10007) was terminated by signal 11: Segme
> Details:
>
> I am trying to upgrade my postgres version to latest 9.0.1, when I try to
> restore server process keep on crash exactly after COPY command.

> DEBUG: server process (PID 10007) was terminated by signal 11: Segmentation
> fault

It'd be helpful to be able to get a backtrace of this crash. You may
need to install debuginfo packages to do that, or (if you compiled it
yourself) do so with --enable-debug .

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Linux/BSD

Alternately, if you're able to post a compressed copy of the data dump
somewhere so someone else can test it that'd be handy. I realize you
probably can't do that, though.

--
Craig Ringer