Fast FrontBase to PostgreSQL converter?

From: Brendan Duddridge <brendan(at)clickspace(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fast FrontBase to PostgreSQL converter?
Date: 2005-12-02 05:49:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

Does anyone know a fast way to convert a FrontBase 4.1.16 database to
a PostgreSQL 8.1 database? I have a java program that does it, but I
was hoping there would be something faster. Last time I converted a
database with it, it took quite a few hours. I have a production
system that I need to convert and I want as little down-time as
possible. The database has probably 50 million rows in it. The
databases are on Mac OS X Server. FrontBase is on Panther, PostgreSQL
is on Tiger.

Thanks,

Brendan Duddridge | CTO | 403-277-5591 x24 | brendan(at)clickspace(dot)com

ClickSpace Interactive Inc.
Suite L100, 239 - 10th Ave. SE
Calgary, AB T2G 0V9

http://www.clickspace.com