Re: FW: Sorting and filtering in PgAdmin

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: lbates35406 <larry(dot)bates(at)vitalesafe(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: Sorting and filtering in PgAdmin
Date: 2010-11-24 22:53:26
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le 24/11/2010 14:31, lbates35406 a écrit :

> I agree completely, but would like to be able to define a sorting order and
> make it the default any time I view records in a table. This would save
> loads of time.

If I try to list the different issues here:

* sort with double click on a column
* auto-fit with double click on a column border
* arrow icon on the sorted column header (might get fun with sorting
with more than one column)

BTW, neither of these are supported by wxWidgets 2.8 AFAIK.

There is no automatic sort on OID (there is no OID since quite some
time). Actually, there is no automatic sort if the user doesn't specify
one. And it'll stay that way.

I don't get the maintain last sort. It'll probably work if you keep
opening the same table, but if you open another one, there's good chance
the sorted column won't exist. I don't see how we can do that in a good way.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr