Re: BUG #5764: installation error (incomplete process)

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "abraham camacho" <abrahamc(at)cantv(dot)net>,<pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5764: installation error (incomplete process)
Date: 2010-11-24 15:30:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs
"abraham camacho" <abrahamc(at)cantv(dot)net> wrote:
> PostgreSQL version: 8.0.0
Yikes.  That was released almost six years ago and went out of
support last month.  There are 26 maintenance releases since that
"dot 0" release to fix bugs and security problems.
> I am receiving the next 2 messages when I try to install the
> MoteView Software that includes PstgreSQL V8.0:
This, however, doesn't sound likely to be a PostgreSQL bug (even one
of the hundreds fixed in 8.0.26).  It is more likely a problem in
the installation procedure provided by MoteView.  You might want to
contact them first.
> I have deactivated the mcafee firewall in my PC but still it
> doesnot work.
Sometimes a firewall causes problems unless it is actually
uninstalled.  "Deactivating" them often leaves quite a bit of
intrusive code running.