Re: Ticket 266: Unable to backup table when quotation marks used in the name

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Ticket 266: Unable to backup table when quotation marks used in the name
Date: 2010-11-18 23:36:58
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le 18/11/2010 09:08, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Le 18/11/2010 05:25, Ashesh Vashi a écrit :
>> Hi Guillaume,
>>
>> As long as I do remember, the commandLineClenOption() function was
>> introduced, because of the command-line parameter behaves differently with
>> quote on different platforms.
>>

> I figured that but there's no OS specific code.
>
>> Though - I have tested your patch (Sorry - I do not have enough time to
>> spend around pgAdmin now-a-days because of the work load).
>> But It will be good - if you can please test the patch on all the platform
>> (specially on windows) with quote in the name for table, user-name, etc
>> before applying this patch.
>
> I did quite a lot of tests:
>
> * on Linux
>
> ticket266=# \d
> List of relations
> Schema | Name | Type | Owner
> --------+------+-------+-----------
> S"1 | TN5 | table | guillaume
> S"1 | tn2 | table | guillaume
> public | T1 | table | guillaume
> public | t"3 | table | guillaume
> public | t2 | table | guillaume
> (5 rows)
>
> * on Windows, much more but I don't have the list here (I created
> tables like t1, t"1, t "1, t" 1, t " 1, and the same for schemas)
>
> I'll try to have a set of tests to try on the different platforms.
> Unfortunately, I still can't test on MacOSX.

I checked on Linux and Windows, and it works great on both. If someone
can try my patch on Mac OS X, you'll find attached a custom (-Fc) backup
of a small database with every kind of strangely named objects.

> Do you have any specific interesting tests?

And if you have that, I'm really interested.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr

Attachment Content-Type Size
ticket266.backup application/octet-stream 8.7 KB