Re: Ticket 266: Unable to backup table when quotation marks used in the name

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Ticket 266: Unable to backup table when quotation marks used in the name
Date: 2010-11-18 08:08:59
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Le 18/11/2010 05:25, Ashesh Vashi a écrit :
> Hi Guillaume,
>
> As long as I do remember, the commandLineClenOption() function was
> introduced, because of the command-line parameter behaves differently with
> quote on different platforms.

I figured that but there's no OS specific code.

> Though - I have tested your patch (Sorry - I do not have enough time to
> spend around pgAdmin now-a-days because of the work load).
> But It will be good - if you can please test the patch on all the platform
> (specially on windows) with quote in the name for table, user-name, etc
> before applying this patch.

I did quite a lot of tests:

 * on Linux

ticket266=# \d
         List of relations
 Schema | Name | Type  |   Owner
--------+------+-------+-----------
 S"1    | TN5  | table | guillaume
 S"1    | tn2  | table | guillaume
 public | T1   | table | guillaume
 public | t"3  | table | guillaume
 public | t2   | table | guillaume
(5 rows)

 * on Windows, much more but I don't have the list here (I created
   tables like t1, t"1, t "1, t" 1, t " 1, and the same for schemas)

I'll try to have a set of tests to try on the different platforms.
Unfortunately, I still can't test on MacOSX.

Do you have any specific interesting tests?

Thanks.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr