Ticket 266: Unable to backup table when quotation marks used in the name

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Ticket 266: Unable to backup table when quotation marks used in the name
Date: 2010-11-17 22:31:35
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

I worked on this bug since sunday evening, and it's really an annoying
one. We have an issue with objects' names containing double quotes when
doing a backup, whatever your OS is.

I found a fix, and I would usually commit it ASAP. But this time, I'm a
bit worried. I don't understand why the commandLineCleanOption()
function (in misc.c) is so complicated. There should be a reason.
Unfortunately, The fix I wrote deletes almost all of it.

If someone has an explanation of the function, I'm happy to hear it.

And if someone thinks my patch is just plain stupid, tell me before I
commit it :)

Thanks.

--
Guillaume