PGAdmin - still no jobs node.

From: Piotr Czekalski <pczekalski(at)techbaza(dot)pl>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PGAdmin - still no jobs node.
Date: 2010-11-15 13:09:04
Lists: pgadmin-support

I've installed the PgAgent over PostgreSQL 8.4.2(already running for few
months), on Fedora 12 (x64) OS. The DB by itself works perfect. The
script was taken from the Fedora's distro, running:
./psql -h <hostip> -d postgres --user postgres -f
/usr/local/pgadmin3/share/pgadmin3/pgagent.sql and returned no errors
(just warnings on creation of few sequences).
The schema has been created in Postgres (management) database but still
PgAdmin (1.12.1) shows only PgAgent under Catalogue node, there is no
visible pgagent schema under Schema's node nor Jobs node to manage jobs.
When I try to create pgagent schema it says such a schema already exists
(which I believe is true).
The user connecting to database is Postgres with DBA right thus I
believe this is not a security problem, however.

select * from pg_namespace;

returns null value for nspacl column, where nspname='pgagent'.

I've already followed the problem listed here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2010-10/msg00621.php
but still no luck as it seemed to be wrong database selected to install
pgagent which is not the above case.

Any help would be appreciated.

Piotr

"TECHBAZA.PL" Sp. z o.o.