Re: Suggested changes to Book pages

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Suggested changes to Book pages
Date: 2010-11-13 03:14:48
Lists: pgsql-www
Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> I don't see how you can assign a range of versions. Can you tell me what
> you would have done for the two new books?

Well, my book covers 8.1 through 9.0 to the extent it's practical, while
Simon and Hannu's focuses on the right way to do things in 9.0 only.
But my multi-version focus is a unique thing as far as I know right
now.  It's not really worth making changes to the books page to cover.
I don't recall any previous English title being so concerned about how
things worked in multiple versions, beyond perhaps a quick "this was
just added in the last version" note in spots.

PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support        www.2ndQuadrant.us