Re: [Fwd: Re: Problem in connecting to database]

From: Rekha Ravi Pai <rekha(at)softjin(dot)com>
To: Jayadevan M <Jayadevan(dot)Maymala(at)ibsplc(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-in-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Problem in connecting to database]
Date: 2010-11-09 06:20:24
Lists: pgsql-in-general
<head>
</head>
Hi Jayadevan,<br>
After installing pgsql 9 and dumping an existing database,<br>
I was able to run the psql command and run sql queries as<br>
well.<br>
Today when I gave the psql command I came across this error.<br>
or directory<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Is the server running locally and accepting<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?</font><br>
Can you please help me to run the pgsql.<br>
Regards,<br>
Rekha<br>
Jayadevan M wrote:
 cite="mid:OF71C5B830(dot)6BE9E47F-ON652577D6(dot)002107FB-652577D6(dot)0021553E(at)ibsplc(dot)com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Hi,
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Yes, I can connect to database using psql command.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->You mentioned upgrading. Are you connecting to the new version? From psql,
does
postgres=# select version();
give you version as 9?
Jayadevan

DISCLAIMER:

"The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication.
IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy,
adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any
attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses
or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."

  </pre>
<pre>

Business Disclaimer
This e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended solely
for  the use  of the  individual or entity  to which they  are  addressed. It
may  contain confidential,  proprietary or legally  privileged  information.
If  you  are  not  the  intended recipient please be advised that you have
received  this  message in error and any use is strictly prohibited. Please
immediately  delete it  and all copies of it from your system, destroy any
hard  copies  of  it and  notify  the  sender  by return mail. You must not,
directly or indirectly, use,  disclose,  distribute, print, or copy any part of
this message if you are not the intended recipient.
</pre></body>