Access violation (0xC0000005) in PSQLODBC35W.DLL when calling SQLDescribeColW

From: Adrien de Croy <adrien(at)qbik(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Access violation (0xC0000005) in PSQLODBC35W.DLL when calling SQLDescribeColW
Date: 2010-11-04 22:44:26
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi all

I'm getting an access violation from within SQLDescribeColW when I'm
getting the result scheme from a query.

the query is pretty simple:

SELECT count(*) as folder_files, sum(file_size) as folder_size,
sum(disk_use) as folder_size_disk, folder_id from cache_index where
volume_id = %u group by folder_id

SQLExecute returns OK
SQLNumResultCols returns 4 columns as expected

the SQLDescribeColW blows up when calling with column #2, corresponding
to sum(file_size). file_size is a bigint field. There are only 5
records, and the sum of the file_size is under 1MB. So shouldn't be any
bigint overflow or something.

I used to use a double precision and it worked fine, then I figured out
how to store into a bigint field and now this happens every time I do
this query if there are any records in the table. If there are no
records it's fine.

Regards

Adrien de Croy