Re: 4 spaces versus tabs

From: Benedek László <laci(at)benedekl(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 4 spaces versus tabs
Date: 2010-11-04 10:01:39
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On 2010-11-03 17:58, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> I'm actually quite impressed with it. I worked a bit with it, and
> "-pbSs4" seems to do quite good stuff for us.
>
> Do you use other command line options with this tool?

I use a .astylerc file for my projects, which contains the following:

--style=java
--indent=tab=8
--indent-col1-comments
--indent-preprocessor
--indent-labels
--indent-switches
--align-pointer=type
--add-brackets
--pad-header
--pad-oper
--pad-paren
--unpad-paren

Please note, that these options are just my preferences for my sources.

The --style=java sets some predefined formatting options, not the source
language. The language is derived from the file extension or may be
forced by using a --mode=xxx option.

The complete astyle documentation is available here:
http://astyle.sourceforge.net/astyle.html

When you have a sufficient option set, I advise to add it to the git
repository too. If you want to strongly enforce that the committed codes
fits a given format, it is possible to write a git hook to reject
unfitting commits.