Re: Restore database form button

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Restore database form button
Date: 2010-10-30 14:20:14
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le 30/10/2010 01:22, Thom Brown a écrit :
> On 30 October 2010 05:32, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>
>> Le 29/10/2010 07:47, Thom Brown a écrit :

>> backup
>> Maybe

>>> The scenario is using a custom backup (which happens to have the file
>>> extention .sql), using 4 jobs, and not changing any other options. The
>>> messages from this restore shows:
>>>
>>> WARNING: errors ignored on restore: 43
>>>
>>> Process returned exit code 1.
>>>
>>> All the warnings appear to be the result of attempting to set the owner
>> of
>>> objects to a role which doesn't exist, but as it happens, I don't
>>> particularly care about that in this case. After this, the OK button
>>> doesn't change to Restore or Done. Just stays as OK.
>>>
>>> Just retried it having created the role, and the button indeed changes to
>>> Done.
>>>
>>> But at no point do I see a Restore button, which I'd like to see instead
>> of
>>> OK.
>>>

>> If we do this, we need to do the same on the other dump/restore dialogs.
>> Dave, any objection? if no, I'll commit this patch. Oh, BTW, Thom, can
>> you test it?
>>

> Hmm... getting whitespace errors even using --ignore-whitespace and a fully
> sync'd repo:
>
> /home/thom/Downloads/0001-Change-the-label-of-the-OK-button.patch:36:
> trailing whitespace.
> <label>&amp;Dump</label>
> /home/thom/Downloads/0001-Change-the-label-of-the-OK-button.patch:49:
> trailing whitespace.
> <label>&amp;Dump</label>
> warning: 2 lines add whitespace errors.
>
> Is there another git option I need to be using here?

Nope, these are only warnings. Actually, frmBackupGlobals.xrc and
frmBackupServer.xrc have DOS EOL, whereas they should have Unix EOL.

You can try this patch if you want.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Change-the-label-of-the-OK-button.patch text/x-diff 18.3 KB